*Updated 3/13. With the recent Coronavirus epidemic, we want to ensure that agents are aware that Medicare Part B will cover Coronavirus testing ordered after February 4, 2020 by a doctor or other healthcare provider. While there isn’t a vaccine yet, Medicare is still here to help.
Visit The Centers for Disease Control website for more information on the Coronavirus.
Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Readiness Resources
- COVID-19 Updates for Travelers
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
- Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Getting prescriptions in a state of emergency
- Getting care and drugs in emergencies
CMS on COVID-19
In the memorandum issued March 10, 2020, CMS outlined the flexibilities MA and Part D plans have to waive certain requirements to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These flexibilities include:
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 tests
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatments in doctor’s offices or emergency rooms and services delivered via telehealth
- Removing prior authorizations requirements
- Waiving prescription refill limits
- Relaxing restrictions on home or mail delivery of prescription drugs
- Expanding access to certain telehealth services