Thank you for registering! Your seat has been reserved.
The SMS New Agent School you registered for will be hosted at the Senior Marketing Specialists Home Office Training Center, located at 801 Gray Oak Drive, Columbia, MO 65201.
Below you will find some quick information about the timeline of the day, as well as travel information and resources. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions.
If for any reason you need to cancel your registration, please do so by calling 800-689-2800 at least 24 hours prior to the workshop. Seating is limited, as classes are kept small for more personalized training.
Prior to the workshop we ask that you review and complete the following pre-class materials and training:
To help you understand the basics of Medicare, we have put together Medicare courses. Please review the courses prior to class as we will be dedicating most of our time to specific marketing and post-AEP strategies. There are four courses in total:
- Medicare Basics
- Medicare Supplements
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Part D
New Agent Training School Itinerary
The day’s training will begin at 8:30, with breakfast being provided. We will have a morning session, then around noon we will bring in lunch for a working lunch to keep the momentum going. The afternoon session should conclude around 4:00.
If you are interested in having a one on one strategy meeting while you are visiting the SMS Home office, please schedule that ahead of time with your Sales Director. We have availability the day prior to and the day after the New Agent School.
What to Bring
- Laptop or tablet
- Any completed contracting that may be sent to you prior to the workshop (if you haven’t already submitted it to SMS)
- Login information for your CMS account (if you have one)
- Any specific questions you may have
- Any business plans/goals/income models/etc. you may need for your one on one strategy session
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and share with your peers
Things You Will Leave With
- Certificate of Completion for The 2017 SMS New Agent School
- A digital copy of a professional headshot/photograph for use on marketing materials
- Confidence in the tools, tips, tricks, and knowledge needed to begin effectively marketing yourself in the Medicare market
- Certificates of completion for both the Fraud, Waste, and Abuse and the General Compliance Medicare training
- A business plan to begin implementing immediately (Strategy Session attendees)
If traveling through Lambert – St. Louis International Airport (2 hours) or Kansas City International Airport (2 hours)
- Ground Transportation – Kansas City/St. Louis
- Rental Cars (various options available through the airport)
- Driving Services: MoX ~ $120 round trip to Columbia (http://moexpress.com/moxolrs/default.aspx)
If traveling through Columbia Regional Airport (20 minutes)
- Ground Transportation – Columbia