What Can Medicare Agents Do Before Oct 15th?
“Enrollment Applications cannot be solicited or accepted outside of a valid election period. Marketing and/or selling outside of eligible periods is prohibited and is subject to corrective and/or disciplinary action up to and including termination.”
Making sure you’re compliant for AEP can be difficult and confusing. Let’s break down a few timing based compliance issues:
October 1st – October 14th
- Agents can have meetings with clients.
- Agents can review plan changes, options, and make recommendations on coverage.
- Agents can provide a product presentation/consultation.
- Agents can leave an enrollment kit and enrollment application for the client.
- The client can review the enrollment kit and application.
- Agents can meet with and enroll age-ins and other clients for 11/1 and 12/1 effective dates prior to 10/15.
October 15th or After
- Client can sign and/or submit an enrollment application.
- Agent may take receipt of an enrollment application.
- Agents can sign and/or submit an enrollment application.
A powerful platform with enrollment tools, CRM, Learning Center, and more!
Designed to make your client enrollments quick, painless, and CMS compliant.