Agent Update Memo – July 2022
Agent Update Memo - July 2022
Compiled by: Rachel Brammeier and Garrett Dishinger
Below you will find new training and information both from
Senior Marketing Specialists and the industry as a whole.
Senior Marketing Specialists Updates
- Start marketing for AEP and take part in our 2022 Leads Cost-Sharing Program! Get your leads at 50% of the cost!
- Submit your order or download and personalize your Summer Newsletter today!
- Protect your Clients Personal Health Information (PHI) through Email Encryption.
- Several States have adopted Birthday or Anniversary rules, use our State Birthday Rule Cheat Sheet.
- As featured in NAHU’s America’s Benefit Specialist magazine, Medicare Part…You, by Dan Mangus.
- Order your compliant Agent Marketing Portfolio pieces for your print advertising.
- Need to check commissions or pending apps? Utilize our How to Do Business Guides.
Virtual Training & Resources
- Save the Date! Our National Sales Summit will be VIRTUAL on Wednesday, August 17th!
- July Live Events Calendar
- As certifications are launching, check out our AEP Toolkit, which includes certification walkthroughs, sneak peeks, and all things AEP!
- 2023 Certifications:
- Complete AHIP through a carrier portal for a $50 discount
- Devoted – June 20th
- Blue KC– June 24th
- UnitedHealthcare – June 27th
- Mutual PDP – June 27th
- Humana – June 28th
- Anthem – June 28th
- Aetna – June 29th
- Cigna – July 1st
- WellCare – July 12th
- Lasso/Zing – July 18th
- Kaiser Permanente – August 16th
- Essence – TBA
- CMS Marketing Changes will affect you this year starting Oct 2022. Here are some resources to help you understand the changes and what you need to do:
- We’ve received several Sneak Peeks and the UnitedHealthcare Expansion counties for 2023.
- 2023 MA and PDP Broker Compensation has been released.
- You have a Quarterly D-SNP Enrollment Period for individuals maintaining their Medicaid, unless they are newly eligible or lose eligibility.
- CMS unveils more user-friendly Medicare website.
- USPS postage price changes will go into effect on July 10, 2022. Order stamps for your AEP marketing now!
- Part B re-examination for lower Part B pricing coming next year.
- Details on Part B immediate enrollment coming January 2023.
- Part B Special Enrollment Period
- You’re eligible to sign up for Medicare between January 1, 2022 – December 30, 2022 if you were unable to because of problems with Social Security’s telephone system.
- Follow these steps, and be sure to sign up for Medicare by December 30, 2022.
Knowledgeable people, friendly, efficient, empathetic and just nice to speak with. Always return phone calls and/or transfer to the right person for the question. Marketing, contracting, all excellent folks to work with. We love you guys!
~ Michael M.
cited in article